Cheapest 1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Mazda MX-5 Miata? Consumers who are new to the process of comparing insurance rates online will find shopping for cut-rate insurance very challenging.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using these methods. This information will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. But car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance
There are several ways to compare quotes from local auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata rates is to get quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating separate forms for each company. A single form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A harder way to analyze rates requires you to visit each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Allstate, GEICO and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverages on every quote you get. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will enable you to find lower pricing.
Save with discounts on 1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for MX-5 Miata insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for MX-5 Miata insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Mazda MX-5 Miata rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations such as real estate brokers, executives and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees pay the least for MX-5 Miata insurance.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Auto insurance companies provide lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Your age impacts your rates – Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Mazda. Examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for MX-5 Miata insurance.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on car insurance. It translates into being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you change to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
That is why drivers must compare many company’s rates. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverages for a Mazda MX-5 Miata
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, hail damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, medical services and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare 1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area