Cheapest 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz 300-Class? No one cherishes buying insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate possible.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage at least once a year because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal for 300-Class coverage a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Rates
There are several ways to compare Mercedes-Benz 300-Class auto insurance prices and some are easier and takes less work. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to achieve your goal.
Most major companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company can give them a price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. To compare 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class rates now click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same coverage information on every quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find lower pricing.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates for 300-Class coverage.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance for 300-Class coverage.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in your area.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Mercedes-Benz 300-Class insurance rates can be determined by these details
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like doctors, social workers and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least for 300-Class coverage.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Even a single ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Mercedes-Benz in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your 300-Class can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Car insurance coverages for a 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mercedes-Benz 300-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 300-Class caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like surgery, pain medications, chiropractic care, dental work and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Discount 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you many ideas to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area