Cheapest 1991 Dodge Ram 250 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Dodge RAM 250? Buying cheap car insurance over the internet can seem to be intimidating for beginners to buying insurance on the web. With so many companies in the marketplace, how can you effectively compare every company to locate the cheapest rates?
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Locating the best insurance coverage is not that difficult. But vehicle owners must understand the way companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Compare Quotes for Auto Insurance
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. By far the easiest way to compare 1991 Dodge RAM 250 insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. Just one form gets you price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A harder way to get quotes online is to take the time to go to each company website to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from USAA, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverages for each price quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
Your Dodge RAM 250 insurance rate is a complex equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies give cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your RAM 250 may be wasting your money. Verify your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance will protect you when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, structural damage, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for chiropractic care, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, vandalism and falling objects. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 1991 Dodge RAM 250 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area