Cheapest 1990 Ford Ranger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates? Consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Ford Ranger insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for your Ford and locate the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates periodically because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates for Ranger coverage on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Ranger coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Impacting insurance rates for a Ford Ranger
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies provide better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Only having one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my 1990 Ford Ranger qualify for pleasure use?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1990 Ford Ranger is totaled?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all have a common claim that you can save after switching to them.
But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Ranger insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Ranger.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, hail damage, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Ranger from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, funeral costs, ambulance fees and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
A fool and his money are soon parted
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on 1990 Ford Ranger insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
The cheapest insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area