Sam’s Club Car Insurance Review: Get Cheaper Car Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Sam’s Club has over 47 million members and counting nationwide
- A Sam’s Club membership may not include car insurance, but it can be your ticket to the company’s best-in-class benefits for car owners
- Getting approved for the Sam’s Club credit card can provide an added layer of benefits to your membership experience
Does Sam’s Club have car insurance? You might be surprised to learn the answer. The average cost of insurance for a driver under 65 years old is $1,202 a year, and affiliation with a club or organization that offers car insurance discounts can help lower this amount significantly.
If you’ve been considering a wholesale membership or simply looking to lower your car insurance cost, the idea of Sam’s Club car insurance probably sounds even more intriguing. Whether you’re a Sam’s Club member already, or you are considering a membership just to take advantage of its car insurance policies, we’re going to provide an overview on how a Sam’s Club membership can help you save on car insurance and other automobile-related expenses.
Read on to learn more about Sam’s Club auto insurance. Before you do, enter your ZIP code for free car insurance quotes from top companies.
Can you buy Sam’s Club car insurance?
Sam’s Club is one of the largest warehouse clubs in the United States, with over 47 million members and counting. But unlike its competitors, BJ’s and Costco, it has yet to officially provide auto insurance plans for its members. While the company already has a partnership with Allstate to provide protection on purchases, Sam’s Club car insurance is not a benefit made available to its members just yet.
Sam's Club BJ's Costco
Amount of U.S. Stores 600 235 558
Number of Membership Types 2 3 3
Business Membership Cost N/A $110 $120
Range of Annual Membership Costs $45-$100 $55-$110 $60-$120
Protection Plans Yes Yes Yes
Car Insurance No Yes Yes
Health Insurance Yes Yes Yes
Add-On Cost $40 $30 $60
Although Sam’s Club does not have insurance plans, there are several other benefits vehicle owners that have a membership with the wholesale club can take advantage of.
How Sam’s Club Can Lower Car Insurance Rates
Instead of partnering with a third-party company to offer car insurance, a Sam’s Club membership can grant you access to discounted rates on your auto insurance.
Discounts can really determine which car insurance company is cheapest for you.
Sam’s Club Has a Roadside Assistance Program
Since Sam’s Club car insurance isn’t available, its roadside assistance program is the next best thing. 24/7 roadside assistance access is available to eligible Sam’s Club members that have had their tires installed at a Sam’s Club location. Services offered include:
- Flat tire assistance
- Fuel delivery service
- Lockout service
Flat repair, or free lifetime flat tire assistance, is a benefit that comes along with Sam’s Club services, and it is available to its members at no additional cost.
Sam’s Club Has a Tire Installation Program
With the Sam’s Club tire installation program, members who are also vehicle owners can purchase passenger or light truck vehicles and have them installed for $20 per tire.
Some other popular services offered at Sam’s Club Tire Center are:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Reset – $19.00 per vehicle
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor Installation – $5.00 per wheel
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Single Wheel Reset – $5.00 per wheel
- One-Time Balance & Rotation (OTBR) – $3.88 per wheel
- Lug Nut Service – $1.00 per lug nut
- Tire Studding – $9.00 per wheel
- Seasonal Change Over – $9.50 per wheel
- Tire Recycling Service – $2.50 per tire
Sam’s Club Tire Center’s typical business hours are Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Sunday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. However, Sam’s Club Plus members can access this center two hours before its standard hours of operation.
Sam’s Club Has an Auto Buying Program
You may not be able to get Sam’s Club car insurance, but the Sam’s Club Auto Buying Program is another great incentive that can help keep you on the road.
According to AAA’S Your Driving Costs study, the average cost of a new car is $31,401. With this program, members that are in search of a new or used vehicle can save up to $2,000 in post-sale benefits after their vehicle purchase from a Certified Dealer has been verified.
Sam’s Club Credit Card Offers Additional Benefits
The Sam’s Club credit card is made available to its members through Synchrony Bank. In order to be approved for a credit card from Sam’s Club, you must have a credit score between 670-739. According to Equifax, these scores fall within the Good Credit range.
This card offers some additional car-related benefits:
- Sam’s Club Mastercard car rental insurance offers instantaneous access to rental car insurance worldwide. The Sam’s Club credit card car rental insurance is only one of several great benefits that come along with selecting Sam’s Club as your auto insurance provider.
- A 5 percent cash back on gas can be earned if the Sam’s Club Credit card is used anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Sam’s Club car insurance for rental cars can save you money when you travel.
What You Should Know About Joining Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club car insurance may not be on the list of benefits, but affordable prescription drugs, another sought-out membership perk certainly is. According to the AARP, Costco currently offers the cheapest prescription drugs amongst brick-and-mortar stores. Sam’s Club prescription costs were also mentioned as some of the most affordable.
From its low-cost membership fees to its discounts, all of this information may be a lot to take in. But one of the most important things to note about Sam’s Club membership perks is that they are made available to members only. That means, if you’re interested in enrolling in taking advantage of any of its auto discounts, you must first join the club.
There are two types of Sam’s Club memberships to choose from:
The Club membership at Sams’ Club offers the following benefits:
- $45 annual membership fee
- Same-day delivery (minimum $12 per order)
- 1% cash-back at Sam’s Club with use of your Sam’s Club® Credit Card
- Access to Sam’s Club Tire Center
- A complimentary membership
- Instant savings on car insurance, rental cars, fuel, and more
The Club membership is the wholesale club’s most basic membership plan.
The Plus membership at Sam’s Club offers the following benefits:
- $100 annual membership fee
- 2% back in cash rewards – up to $500/ year on qualifying purchases
- Free shipping (available online and in-app)
- Same-day delivery (minimum of $8 per order)
- Access the Sam’s Club Pharmacy and exclusive low-cost prescription discounts
- Access the Sam’s Club Optical store and receive 20% off a new pair of eyeglasses
- 3% cash-back at Sam’s Club with use of your Sam’s Club® Credit Card
- A complimentary membership on the house
- Instant savings on car insurance, rental cars, fuel, prescription drugs, and more
Unlike its competitors, BJ’s and Costco, Sam’s Club does not offer a business membership. Regardless of which membership plan you select you will only be eligible for Sam’s Club car insurance benefits if the following requirements are met:
- You are at least 18 years of age or older
- If you have a college membership account, you must be able to provide a valid student I.D. and university
- All members must provide a valid home address for billing purposes
Find the Sam’s Club membership that works for you.
Sam’s Club Car Insurance: The Bottom Line
Although there is no official Sam’s Club car insurance, a Sam’s Club membership can open doors to discounts, exclusive auto programs, great savings, and more. However, if lack of car insurance plans or lack of business memberships is a deal-breaker for you, a Sam’s Club membership may not offer what you’re seeking.
Everything you learned about Sam’s Club auto insurance may come as a surprise, but your car insurance rate shouldn’t have to. Enter your ZIP code for a free auto insurance quote today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area