Cheapest 2020 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Toyota 4Runner? Tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people. Because you have many car insurance companies to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the best company.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Drivers only need an understanding of how to shop over the internet.
How to lower your insurance coverage cost
There are a variety of methods to shop for insurance coverage, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can waste hours talking to agents in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to get prices fast.
Many companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and at least one company returns a rated price determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, enter your zip code here.
The one downside to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to enter zip code.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just try to keep apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you use differing limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
Auto insurance companies offer lots of discounts
Some insurers do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will help lower your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, multi-policy, renters, defensive driver, anti-theft, safety device, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area. To choose auto insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, pain and suffering and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as X-ray expenses, funeral costs, dental work, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Shop Smart and Save
Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious 2020 Toyota 4Runner insurance can be bought online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area