Cheapest 2020 Honda Fit Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you frustrated by the sheer number of insurance coverage choices that you can choose from? Consumers have such a vast assortment of choices available that it can easily turn into a real hassle to compare prices.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. This information will help you learn how to effectively get price quotes. But consumers do need to understand how big insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons is to know most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as how much you drive, marital status, how your vehicles are used, and if it has an anti-theft system. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes immediately.
To compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Will you really save $416 on insurance coverage?
Well-known insurance coverage companies like Allstate and Progressive endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the ads advertise the message that people will save just by moving your insurance coverage coverage to their company. How does every company save you money? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies have strict underwriting profiles for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a profitable insured may be over age 30, has a low-risk occupation, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone that meets those criteria will probably get the lowest prices and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these criteria must pay a higher premium which translates to the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best prices. That is why you really should compare as many free car insurance quotes as you can. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Do you qualify for discount car insurance?
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a car insurance quote for Fit insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote car insurance for Fit insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, early bird, air bags, good student, good driver, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer multiple discounts, enter your zip code here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Fit from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from getting keyed. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2020 Honda Fit.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Don’t be a big spender
As you quote car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for 2020 Honda Fit insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area