Cheapest 2019 Toyota 86 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Toyota 86? Are you sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses each month for insurance coverage? You have the same problem as millions of other consumers. Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons as often as possible since rates change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rate on 86 coverage on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. You’ll find a ton of advice on insurance coverage online but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to buy insurance coverage cheaper.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Vehicle owners just need to know how to find the lowest price online.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% on 86 coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these benefits possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To locate car insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
Compare auto insurance price quotes
Getting a cheap price on 2019 Toyota 86 insurance is pretty simple and can save money. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing free insurance coverage quotes to discover which company has affordable insurance coverage quotes. This can easily be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient method to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form. This method keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each price estimate. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for auto insurance online is to manually visit each company website and get a separate price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from USAA, Farmers and Progressive. You would be required to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which can take a lot of time.
The approach you take is up to you, just make sure you use identical coverages on every quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Toyota 86.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2019 Toyota 86?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
The insurance coverage bait and switch
Consumers can’t get away from ads that claim the best car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads try to convey promises about how much you will save if you switch your coverage.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge you a lower premium? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers quote the lowest rates for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer may need to be a married female, has no claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any driver who fits those characteristics will most likely get cheap car insurance rates as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these standards will get higher rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can make those claims. Different companies use different criteria so it’s extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for liability – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your 86 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, falling objects, fire damage and a broken windshield. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as pain medications, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare 2019 Toyota 86 insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable insurance coverage. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be read in the articles below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area