Cheapest 2019 Nissan Frontier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Do you think you bought an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Many insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the lowest rate possible.
It’s smart to quote other rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rate for Frontier coverage a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Quote insurance coverage online
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be exhausting if you don’t know the most efficient way. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the web to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company. To compare pricing enter your zip code here.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare, we have a listing of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
It’s up to you which method you use, but try to keep nearly identical coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to find the best deal for your Nissan Frontier. Just slight variations in insurance coverages or limits may cause a big price difference. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a insurance coverage quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, driver’s education, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, renters, homeowner, Switch & Save, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, new move discount, safety features, preferred payment discount, newly married, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for paperless, good student, teen driver, anti-theft, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts, enter your zip code here.
Components of your Nissan Frontier insurance costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors that factor into prices.
- Never let your coverage expire – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Frontier can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Most companies allow better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other insurance prices to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Older drivers are lower risk – More mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents .Beginning drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher.
Which is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code.
Insurance advertising gotchas
Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the promise of big savings if you move your coverage. How is it possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer should be over the age of 45, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A driver who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and therefore will save a lot if they switch.
Potential insureds who may not quite match this ideal profile will probably have to pay more expensive rates and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers should get as many free insurance coverage quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Specific coverages for a Nissan Frontier
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for nursing services, dental work, surgery and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Frontier from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Don’t be a big spender
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for 2019 Nissan Frontier insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest insurance coverage quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area