Cheapest 2019 MINI Cooper Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your MINI Cooper? Wish you could get a refund on an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and there are many drivers thinking the same thing. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to locate the cheapest rates.
Are you getting every discount?
Some companies don’t always publicize every disount available very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more for Cooper coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you the cheapest car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut your premiums.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts include:
Check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To view insurers who offer free auto insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates is to know car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details like whether you have decent credit, if you went to college, whether or not you need a SR-22, and deductibles desired. That rating information is automatically sent to many different companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a MINI Cooper
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverages – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, vandalism, hail damage and a broken windshield. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Cooper from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your MINI Cooper.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Quote often and quote early
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for 2019 MINI Cooper insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest car insurance. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable car insurance is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance is located at these links:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area