Cheapest 2019 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates for your Ford Expedition? Locating budget-priced insurance over the internet can seem to be intimidating for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and buying their insurance on the internet. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are drivers able to be able to compare every company in order to find the cheapest available price?
Cheaper rates by earning discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all disounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Resident Student – Kids who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a car insurance quote.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy car insurance online.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less for Expedition insurance as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Auto insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts are:
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered in your area. To find insurers with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
How to find the cheapest car insurance
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes for quick rates.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and every company returns a rated price based on that information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now enter your zip code here.
The one downside to using this type of system is you are unable to specify the providers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage limits with each company. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Ford Expedition. Just a small difference in limits may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates increases the change that you will find the best price.
How your Expedition insurance premiums are determined
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive your Ford in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your vehicle rating shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Expedition may be wasting your money.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance coverage for Expedition insurance.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Occupation stress can affect premiums – Careers like doctors, business owners and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates because of intense work situations and long work hours. On the flip side, careers such as professors, students and retirees have the lowest average rates for Expedition insurance.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Your liability insurance limits – Liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can add up on your Expedition policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Inexpensive frequent insurance coverage claims are not good – Car insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my Ford Expedition covered if I use it for business?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, theft, falling objects, hitting a bird and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2019 Ford Expedition.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, court costs, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses like surgery, doctor visits and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on 2019 Ford Expedition insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced 2019 Ford Expedition insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you need to quote car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area