Cheapest 2018 Toyota Tundra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Do you get frustrated by the wide range of insurance providers that you can choose from? You have so many providers to choose from that it can turn into a difficult situation to find better insurance rates.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates before your next renewal since prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Tundra coverage six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out the quickest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. The purpose of this post is to instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Although drivers can benefit from knowing how companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Get lower-cost car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a insurance coverage quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Just know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, early quote, multi-car, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, early shopping, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, DriveSense, multi-car, good driver, renters, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple autos, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include location of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view providers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
What determines Toyota Tundra insurance prices?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your costs – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your 2018 Toyota Tundra by improving your credit score.
- Liability insurance preserves assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- City traffic equals higher rates – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Lower stress equals lower prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military generalspolice officers and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, athletes and the unemployed pay the least on Tundra coverage.
- Marriage can lower rates – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Respected companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads convey the message about savings if you get a free insurance coverage quote and switch your insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For example, a preferred risk might be described as between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anybody that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can make claims that they all have the best prices.
This emphasizes why you really should compare many company’s prices. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have the best premium rates.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield and falling objects. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, chiropractic care, nursing services and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Keep this in mind
You just learned a lot of ways to get a better price on 2018 Toyota Tundra insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper insurance coverage. Drivers may discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance coverage provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Low-cost 2018 Toyota Tundra insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance coverage with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area