Cheapest 2018 Honda CR-V Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your Honda CR-V? Feel like you have high-priced insurance? Believe me, there are many drivers thinking the same thing. Due to the abundance of options, it can be challenging to find the most affordable insurance company.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if it has an anti-theft system, driver ages, deductibles desired, and what you do for a living. That information is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates very quickly.
The insurance bait and switch
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the best car insurance rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies convey the message about saving some big amount just by switching your coverage.
How is it plausible that every one can save you money?
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that is profitable for them. For instance, this type of risk profile might have to be a mature driver, has had continuous coverage, and does not commute to work. A driver that fits those parameters receives the best premium rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who are not a match for this stringent profile must pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not purchasing. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can make it sound like they have such great prices. This really emphasizes why you really need to get as many free insurance quotes as possible. It is just not possible to predict the company that will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Smart buyers know how to buy auto insurance at a discount
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurance companies will award discounts for people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save money by buying from different companies
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better prices – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your prices – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your 2018 Honda CR-V by improving your rating.
- Obey driving laws and save – Only having one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple tickets like reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Cheap auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts possibly include:
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda CR-V.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, emergency aid, loss of income, pain and suffering and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as funeral costs, surgery, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your CR-V caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on 2018 Honda CR-V insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance coverage is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found at the links below
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area