Cheapest 2018 Dodge Durango Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Durango? I doubt anyone looks forward to buying insurance coverage, in particular when they could get a better deal. Vehicle owners have many insurers to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates.
Free insurance rate quotes
Finding a lower price on 2018 Dodge Durango insurance is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to find. Price comparisons can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each price estimate. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes requires a visit to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to navigate to each company’s site and type in your information over and over, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most difficult method to get price estimates is to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. Comparing rates online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just be certain you are entering the same information with each company. If you enter different values for each quote you will not be able to find the best deal for your Dodge Durango.
Discounts can really help to save
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get insurance on the internet.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts should help lower your policy premiums.
A few companies that may include most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you need cheaper insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, follow this link.
Lower insurance rates with these tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Teen drivers tend to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver onto your car insurance can be quite pricey. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims , and usually have better credit.
- Gender and insurance premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Frequent insurance claims will increase rates – Insurance companies award discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Never allow your coverage to lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Occupation stress can affect rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military generalsair traffic controllers and miners have higher average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums on Durango insurance.
- Cautious drivers have lower prices – Having just one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
- Your location is important – Being located in a rural area may provide you with better prices when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance specifics
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, medical expenses, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Durango from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, pain medications and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, hail damage, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and falling objects. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Durango.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Power to the consumer
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2018 Dodge Durango insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When searching for cheap insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area