Cheapest 2017 Kia Sedona Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Saving money on insurance is hard for drivers new to quoting and comparing prices online. When there are so many insurers to choose from, it can quickly become a difficult situation to find more affordable coverage rates.
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using this information. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Use discounts on insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Kia can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Theft Deterent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2017 Kia Sedona?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Sedona resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, falling objects, hail damage, vandalism and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Be a smart shopper
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2017 Kia Sedona insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable auto insurance. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes small, regional companies sell through local independent agents. Cheap 2017 Kia Sedona insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
More information can be found at these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area