Cheapest 2017 Hyundai Accent Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Hyundai Accent insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages on a Hyundai and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Drivers just need to know the proper way to buy auto insurance online.
How to compare car insurance price quotes
There are several ways to compare car insurance prices but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to maximize your effort.
All the larger companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To compare rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is that you can’t choose which providers you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
The method you choose is up to you, but do your best to use nearly identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If the quotes have differing limits it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Hyundai Accent.
Car insurance policy discounts
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less on Accent coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a insurance coverage quote on Accent coverage.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What affects Hyundai Accent insurance rates?
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower car insurance prices.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Gender and car insurance – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. They both cause fender benders at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The more you drive your Hyundai in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your Accent can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the right rating data.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – Only having one driving citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Never go without car insurance – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- File claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Accent caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, surgery and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive car insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, hail damage, damage from flooding and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare 2017 Hyundai Accent insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote insurance coverage, the higher your chance of finding cheap insurance coverage. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a smaller regional carrier.
A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Affordable 2017 Hyundai Accent insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area