Cheapest 2016 Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Volkswagen Beetle? There isn’t a single person who looks forward to buying insurance, especially when they could get a better deal. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes is to know the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as the ages of drivers, if you have a valid license, whether you drive to work or school, and what your job is. That rating information gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Drivers can’t escape the ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free insurance quote and switch to them.
Is it even possible that every company can lower your prices? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could be over the age of 45, owns their home, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anybody who fits that profile will probably get cheap car insurance rates and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who cannot meet those standards may be forced to pay higher premium rates and ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates. This illustrates why you should get insurance quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to guess which insurance company will have the lowest rates.
How your Beetle insurance premiums are determined
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Where you live factors in – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Volkswagen Beetle has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most insurers afford lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Drivers with excellent credit save – Having a good credit score factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your 2016 Volkswagen Beetle by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Teenagers are high risk – Young drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver to your insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Drivers save money with with these discounts
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get insurance quotes online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction on Beetle insurance with certain companies.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, air bags, anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, teen driver, student driver, theft prevention, early bird, air bags, and homeowners.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area. To locate companies with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my 2016 Volkswagen Beetle covered for smoke damage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance policy coverages for a Volkswagen Beetle
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen Beetle.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
And the best car insurance company is…
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce 2016 Volkswagen Beetle insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area