Cheaper 2015 Buick Encore Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 13, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Buick Encore? Are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a challenge to find lower rates.
It’s a good idea to compare prices yearly because rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for Encore coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use online quotes to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Why your Buick Encore insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your Encore policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and financial analysts have higher average rates due to high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers get better rates for Encore coverage.
- How’s your driving record? – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even a single moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Buick. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Encore coverage.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10% for Encore coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads in print and on television. All the companies say the same thing that you can save after switching your policy. But how can every company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured could be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be charged a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2015 Buick Encore?
- Is my 2015 Buick Encore covered for flood damage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is my Buick Encore covered if I use it for business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Buick Encore.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses, doctor visits, dental work and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, vandalism, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Knowledge is power
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for 2015 Buick Encore insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
Cost effective insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area