Cheapest 2014 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Subaru Impreza? I can’t think of a single person who cherishes buying auto insurance, especially when their premiums are too high.
Since consumers have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurer.
Consumers should take time to compare rates occasionally since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal for Impreza insurance last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. One of the best ways to find competitive 2014 Subaru Impreza insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotes to each individual insurance coverage company. One form compares rates instantly.
- Another way to get quotes online requires a trip to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from Farmers, Esurance and American Family. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare identical coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that quoting more provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
Take these nine discounts and save
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance for Impreza insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2014 Subaru Impreza?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
How can Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads in print and on television. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Subaru Impreza insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Impreza from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, hail damage, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2014 Subaru Impreza.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like dental work, nursing services, surgery and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheaper 2014 Subaru Impreza insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in San Francisco? (SFAutoGuard.com)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area