Cheapest 2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find the best rates and still get good coverage. This information will help you learn how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. Drivers just need to understand the tricks to shop online.
Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volkswagen from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Jetta SportWagen insurance.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state DMV.
Discounts on Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Jetta SportWagen insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Jetta SportWagen insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my 2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, medical expenses, structural damage and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like surgery, EMT expenses and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
A penny earned…
Low-cost 2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area