Cheapest 2013 Kia Sportage Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Kia Sportage? Comparison shopping for auto insurance can be a challenge for people who are new to comparing rates online. There are so many choices that it can be a ton of work to find the best price.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes on the web. Getting online rates is pretty painless as you just enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest price.
There is a better way!
An easier way to locate the lowest prices uses one form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the pricing results.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
In order to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will have a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Car insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted more money and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings on Kia Sportage insurance.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Kia Sportage
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2013 Kia Sportage by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies give discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Sportage insurance.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your Sportage policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Sex matters – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before being credited.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Sportage insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Sportage insurance with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my 2013 Kia Sportage covered for smoke damage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield and fire damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Sportage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sportage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for doctor visits, pain medications, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, poor customer service and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2013 Kia Sportage insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Discount insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area