Cheapest 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know likes paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. With so many companies to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the cheapest insurer.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for Equinox insurance a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. So forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to know how to compare price quotes online.
Chevy Equinox rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married helps lower the price on insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2013 Chevrolet Equinox by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Equinox is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Older drivers pay less – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Equinox insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Equinox insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will have to pay more money which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
You may need specialized coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2013 Chevy Equinox?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and fire damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses such as prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chevy Equinox.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays for damage to your Equinox caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 2013 Chevy Equinox insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More information can be read at these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area