Cheapest 2012 Jeep Liberty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not alone. Many car insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to get the cheapest price
It’s a good idea to compare prices occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for Liberty insurance two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Consumers just need to know the proper methods to compare price quotes over the internet.
Discounts and How They Can Help You Save On Your Auto Policy
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Why should you compare car insurance companies?
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices online. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest price.
An easier way to compare rates uses one form that gets price quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate repetitive entry, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. After your information is entered, it is rated and you are able to buy any one of the pricing results. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Factors Influencing Jeep Liberty Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of companies will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Liberty policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Jeep Liberty by improving your credit score.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
What type of questions should you ask when shopping for auto insurance?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Examples of Auto Insurance Coverage
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical Expense Coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, pain medications, surgery and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto Collision Coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Liberty.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, emergency aid and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Saving Money on 2012 Jeep Liberty Insurance Rates: Summary
We’ve covered a lot of tips on how to save on 2012 Jeep Liberty insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Discount insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area