Cheapest 2012 Fiat 500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost FIAT 500 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your FIAT and locate the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage yearly because prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for 500 insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this post is to help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare company rates on the web.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details like types of safety features, if you are currently licensed, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if you require a SR-22. That information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your 2012 FIAT 500, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Lots of Discounts Mean Lots of Savings
Companies do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for 500 insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Situations That Might Require an Agent
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Before selecting insurance for your FIAT 500, consider these questions that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I rate my 2012 FIAT 500 as pleasure use or commute?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Educate Yourself About Insurance Coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, structural damage and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as ambulance fees, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This will pay to fix damage to your 500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
With the cost of a 2012 FIAT 500, you might want more than basic liability insurance. Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area