Cheapest 2011 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Subaru Impreza? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Subaru Impreza insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to help make ends meet.
Drivers have multiple insurers to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to adequately compare rates.
Finding Insurance Deals
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but some are more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each participating company can give them a price. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance company.
To compare 2011 Subaru Impreza rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly the providers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages on every quote. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to determine the lowest rate for your Subaru Impreza. Quoting even small variations in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Impreza coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
Subaru Impreza rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Impreza coverage.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Impreza can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How credit affects insurance rates – Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2011 Subaru Impreza by repairing your credit.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my Subaru Impreza covered if I use it for business?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2011 Subaru Impreza.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Impreza resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like ambulance fees, surgery, chiropractic care, doctor visits and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Be a smart shopper
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on 2011 Subaru Impreza insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area