Cheapest 2010 Honda Insight Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding lower premiums on car insurance is always nearly impossible for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. Consumers have so many options that it can be a real hassle to find the best price.
It’s important to check car insurance prices every six months since rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Insight insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find better coverage at a better price.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to how car insurance quotes work. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. But vehicle owners do need to learn how big insurance companies sell online.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick almost all companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as driver details, how your vehicles are used, if it has an anti-theft system, and marital status. That rating data is then submitted to insurance companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy on Insight insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Insight insurance with select insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Insight.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays for damage to your Insight caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as ambulance fees, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and a broken windshield. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, court costs, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your 2010 Honda Insight insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area