Cheapest 2010 Acura TL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates to legally drive your Acura TL? Are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance options? Many other consumers are too. People have so many choices that it can easily become a ton of work to find lower rates.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because rates change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on TL insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on car insurance.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on TL insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
How can you tailor your coverage to you?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2010 Acura TL?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
You may be the 1st owner of your Acura TL, but you want to make sure you’re covered in case you need it, even if you’re the 2nd owner, 3rd owner, or even 4th owner.
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can you really save that much by switching?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate, and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay more money and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
What are the insurance coverage options for a 2010 Acura TL?
Having a good grasp of an insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Acura’s mid-size luxury sport sedan comes with a lot of trim options and performance options for buyers, including supportive seats, leather seats, center steering, a power moonroof, a sound system with excellent auto quality, tires, and way more. Much of this won’t impact your rates, but safety equipment features will.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura TL.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like funeral costs, X-ray expenses, nursing services, dental work and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage.
This covers damage to your TL caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
How can you save?
The cheapest 2010 Acura TL insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area