Cheapest 2009 Pontiac Torrent Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Consumers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Pontiac Torrent
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Pontiac from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Torrent coverage.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurers will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like judges, social workers and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least on Torrent coverage.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many popular insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company then gives them pricing determined by their information. This eliminates the need for quote requests to each individual insurance coverage company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use exactly the same information on every quote you get. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices will enable you to find the best price.
Pay less for Pontiac Torrent insurance
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Torrent coverage with select insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my 2009 Pontiac Torrent need full coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, loss of income and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Torrent resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services, surgery and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
More effort can pay off
Cost effective 2009 Pontiac Torrent insurance can be found on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be read below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area