Cheapest 2009 Ford Ranger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many people just like you. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
Take discounts and save
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Ford Ranger
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. It means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Some companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your 2009 Ford Ranger by repairing your credit.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one moving violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2009 Ford Ranger?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them.
How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Ford Ranger insurance rates.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, emergency aid, loss of income and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for dental work, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Save your cold hard cash
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on 2009 Ford Ranger insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheap insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area