Cheapest 2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Ford F-250 Super Duty? Finding lower rates for car insurance is hard for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can easily become a real challenge to find lower rates.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal for F-250 Super Duty coverage on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. This information will teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. But car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether you are single or married, level of coverage desired, driver details, and the make and model of your vehicles. The rating information is instantly submitted to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Cut your premium with these nine discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates for F-250 Super Duty coverage.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for F-250 Super Duty coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on your policy for F-250 Super Duty coverage.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does my 2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty qualify for pleasure use?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford F-250 Super Duty.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, doctor visits, pain medications, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Save for a rainy day
We’ve covered many ways to shop for 2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Affordable insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area