Compare 2008 Lexus GS 350 Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Lexus GS 350 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Lexus and locate the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on GS 350 insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Low Cost Car Insurance
All major car insurance companies give prices on their websites. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their rating system requests credit information and your driving record and generates a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
The easiest way to lower your rates is to use a quote form to return rates from multiple companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. After sending the form, it is rated and you can select any of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates on GS 350 insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my 2008 Lexus GS 350 need full coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my 2008 Lexus GS 350 covered for smoke damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Why your Lexus GS 350 might be costing you more
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into rates.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Lexus earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Your credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2008 Lexus GS 350 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage covers damage to your GS 350 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2008 Lexus GS 350.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and fire damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, dental work, chiropractic care and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Spend less. Save more.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper 2008 Lexus GS 350 insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area