Cheapest 2008 Hyundai Sonata Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Hyundai Sonata? Finding affordable insurance can seem to be nearly impossible for beginners to comparing rates online. People have so many choices that it can turn into a ton of work to find the best price.
Hyundai Sonata rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Companies provide cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates for Sonata coverage.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2008 Hyundai Sonata by repairing your credit.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- How your age affects price – Teen drivers tend to get distracted easily in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Hyundai. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Sonata coverage.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Hyundai Sonata has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize the web to maximize your effort.
Many of the larger companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each participating company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to every company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify the providers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare identical coverages for every quote you compare. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Hyundai Sonata. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best rates.
Can switching companies really save?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing that you can save if you change your policy. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who do not match the requirements must pay higher rates and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Hyundai Sonata insurance rates.
Save with discounts on 2008 Hyundai Sonata insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Sonata coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates for Sonata coverage.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my 2008 Hyundai Sonata qualify for pleasure use?
- What if I total my 2008 Hyundai Sonata and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is my Hyundai Sonata covered if I use it for business?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as chiropractic care, pain medications, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sonata from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Hyundai Sonata.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
A penny earned…
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Budget-conscious 2008 Hyundai Sonata insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area