Cheapest 2008 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one looks forward to buying car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high. Because you have many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the cheapest car insurance company.
You need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since rates change frequently. Even if you got the lowest rates for Pilot insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to save money.
Honda Pilot rates are in the details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Pilot policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a small town can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
Reducing your 2008 Honda Pilot insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate forms for each company. One quote request will get you price quotes direct from many companies.
- Another way to compare rate quotes is going to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, Safeco and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare exactly the same information with every price quote. If you are comparing differing limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Honda Pilot.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. That is why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I talk to an agent?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my 2008 Honda Pilot need full coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2008 Honda Pilot.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like X-ray expenses, dental work, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Pilot resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Take this to the bank
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for 2008 Honda Pilot insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Discount insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area