View 2007 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Toyota 4Runner? No one in their right mind cherishes buying insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm promote their brand names with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Toyota 4Runner
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- A clean driving record saves money – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when buying insurance coverage. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Older drivers save more – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2007 Toyota 4Runner by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance companies provide discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to find competitive 2007 Toyota 4Runner insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for every insurance company. One quote request will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to compare prices requires a trip to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best price.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on 4Runner insurance depending on your company.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2007 Toyota 4Runner is worth?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2007 Toyota 4Runner?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance coverage options for a Toyota 4Runner
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Toyota 4Runner.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, medical expenses, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, hail damage, damage from flooding, theft and rock chips in glass. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for funeral costs, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be a money saver!
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read many tips how you can lower your 2007 Toyota 4Runner insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Indianapolis? (IndyAutoGuard.com)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area