Cheapest 2007 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 31, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Honda Pilot? If price shopping car insurance online is new to you, you can be overwhelmed by the hoards of online car insurance companies and websites offering coverage.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Quotes
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to maximize your effort.
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and at least one company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for each company you want a rate for. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click to open in new window.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify the insurers to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have a listing of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote you will not be able to find the best deal for your Honda Pilot. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that quoting more provides better odds of finding a better price.
Save big with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance on Pilot insurance.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2007 Honda Pilot?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2007 Honda Pilot?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs, ambulance fees, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2007 Honda Pilot.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your Pilot caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area