Cheapest 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your GMC Sierra 1500 Classic? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Because you have many different company options, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your policy renews because rates change regularly. Just because you had the best deal for Sierra Classic coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance.
Don’t miss out on these seven money-saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Sierra Classic coverage.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Sierra Classic coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy for Sierra Classic coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I rate my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic as pleasure use or commute?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability car insurance – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your GMC Sierra 1500 Classic.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sierra 1500 Classic resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like chiropractic care, surgery and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Knowledge is power
You just read a lot of ways to compare 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
The cheapest insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area