Cheapest 2007 Dodge Durango Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Durango? Price shopping your insurance coverage can seem to be challenging for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a challenge to locate the lowest price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Buying the lowest cost insurance coverage coverage can be fairly easy. But vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies price insurance differently.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance on Durango coverage.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
These factors can influence what you pay for Dodge Durango insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Careers like judges, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates on Durango coverage.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a rural area can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Dodge from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on Durango coverage.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, vandalism and fire damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Durango from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2007 Dodge Durango.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheap 2007 Dodge Durango insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area