Cheapest 2006 Mazda 6 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for insurance coverage, particularly when the prices are way too high. Companies like GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like driver details, your credit rating estimate, whether you are married, and how much school you completed. The rating information is sent automatically to all major companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Discount insurance quotes
Insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for better insurancerates on cars that stay parked.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on your bill.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, defensive driver, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, air bags, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, early bird, teen driver, and student driver.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you want the cheapest auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2006 Mazda 6?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mazda 6.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your 6 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, surgery, dental work, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Quote more, save more
We just presented many ways to reduce 2006 Mazda 6 insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive auto insurance. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agents. Affordable 2006 Mazda 6 insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area