Cheapest 2005 Ford Explorer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates for your Ford Explorer? Buying car insurance is not really something people enjoy doing, but all states require it for every vehicle.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. But consumers must know the methods companies use to sell insurance online.
Discounts to lower 2005 Ford Explorer insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy for Explorer coverage.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
There are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest 2005 Ford Explorer insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. One form submission gets rate comparisons from several companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to shop for insurance coverage online is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to compare rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Ford Explorer. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
These factors can influence Ford Explorer insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurance companies will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for doctor visits, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, medical expenses, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2005 Ford Explorer.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Explorer resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
A penny earned…
We just presented many tips how you can lower your 2005 Ford Explorer insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Affordable insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional insurance coverage information is located below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Lexington? (InsureLexington.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (LosAngelesCoverage.com)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area