2004 Lincoln LS Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
People new to price shopping insurance online may find finding cut-rate auto insurance to be a formidable task.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices quite often since insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best rates for LS insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Although vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies sell online.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
There are a lot of ways you can shop for auto insurance but one way is more efficient than others. You could waste time driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of system is you are unable to specify the insurers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages you can’t possibly make an equal comparison. Slightly different coverages can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices helps you find lower pricing.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Complexity of Lincoln LS insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married can actually save you money on insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you live – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Credit scores impact insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2004 Lincoln LS by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for LS insurance.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers tend to be more careless when driving so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your policy. How do they all make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Lincoln LS
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, hitting a deer and falling objects. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your LS caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lincoln LS.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest 2004 Lincoln LS insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area