Cheapest 2004 Hyundai Elantra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers. Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the definite lowest rate possible.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes periodically since rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best rates on Elantra insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Drivers only need to know how to find the lowest price online.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
Most companies give coverage prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their system collects reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price. Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest price.
An easier way to compare rates makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from a lot of companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online quotes much simpler. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can select any one of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Hyundai Elantra
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- A clean driving record saves money – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means reduced accidents. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- An active claims history can cost you – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2004 Hyundai Elantra by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hyundai Elantra scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2004 Hyundai Elantra?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2004 Hyundai Elantra?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make the same claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has great credit. A customer who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This illustrates why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest Hyundai Elantra insurance rates.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Elantra caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Elantra.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, vandalism, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, hospital visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Don’t break the bank
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on 2004 Hyundai Elantra insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area