Cheapest 2004 Honda S2000 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers. Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the lowest price company.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this information. Drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare prices on the web.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on S2000 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click here.
Reducing your 2004 Honda S2000 insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company. One form will return price quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to get quotes online requires visiting each company’s website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from Nationwide, 21st Century and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, compare exactly the same quote information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different deductibles you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Honda S2000.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2004 Honda S2000?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage myths debunked
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching to them.
How does each company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings on Honda S2000 insurance.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for surgery, nursing services, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, legal defense fees, attorney fees, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2004 Honda S2000.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This will pay to fix damage to your S2000 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hitting a bird. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Don’t break the bank
You just learned many tips how you can lower your 2004 Honda S2000 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Budget-conscious insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area