Cheapest 2003 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Toyota 4Runner? Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances. You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons quite often since insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best rates on 4Runner insurance a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
Finding cheaper 2003 Toyota 4Runner car insurance prices is actually quite simple. Just take a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single form will get you rate comparisons from car insurance companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to compare prices is going to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from USAA, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare exactly the same quote information for each price quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the best price for your Toyota 4Runner.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on 4Runner insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- The Hartford
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Is my situation unique?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your 4Runner resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota 4Runner.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2003 Toyota 4Runner insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about car insurance can be found on the following sites:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area