Cheapest 2003 GMC Sonoma Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your GMC Sonoma? Comparison shopping for insurance is nearly impossible for people who are new to comparison shopping online. You have so many options that it can turn into a ton of work to locate the lowest price.
It’s important to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best price for Sonoma insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to save money.
How to Lower Your Insurance Cost
All the larger insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. Once you submit the form, the system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these and other factors.
Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it is imperative to do this in order to get lower prices.
The easy way to compare rates
A more efficient way to compare rates utilizes a single form that gets prices from more than one company. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the quote results.
If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. It only takes a few minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
GMC Sonoma insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2003 GMC Sonoma by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your GMC Sonoma is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be for Sonoma insurance.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers are known to be more careless when driving so insurance rates are higher. Adding a teenage driver to your policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Sonoma insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for Sonoma insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits are:
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2003 GMC Sonoma?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2003 GMC Sonoma is totaled?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2003 GMC Sonoma?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as nursing services, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Make an honest buck
Low-cost 2003 GMC Sonoma insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area