Cheapest 2002 Lexus IS 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Lexus IS 300? Are you intimidated by the sheer number of insurance companies? You’re not alone. There are so many options that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find lower rates.
Consumers need to check insurance prices occasionally since rates change frequently. Just because you found the best deal for IS 300 insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to reduce your insurance bill.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Although drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
These factors can influence Lexus IS 300 insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, business owners and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates in part from high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and performers pay the least for IS 300 insurance.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Lexus IS 300 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for IS 300 insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in your state.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2002 Lexus IS 300?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, dental work and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus IS 300.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your IS 300 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Discount 2002 Lexus IS 300 insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area