Cheapest 2002 Ford Ranger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us, there are many people just like you.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider.
Discounts to lower 2002 Ford Ranger insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
All the larger insurance coverage companies quote coverage prices online. This process is quite easy as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. After the form is submitted, their rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information. Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find better insurance coverage pricing.
The easy way to compare rates
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from more than one company. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online shopping much easier. After sending your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you will have a price comparison for similar coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Ranger from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, nursing services, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Ranger.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Don’t be a big spender
Discount 2002 Ford Ranger insurance is possible both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of information how to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area