Cheapest 2001 Honda Insight Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates? Consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Honda Insight insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes on a Honda and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
Discounts on Honda Insight insurance
Companies don’t list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Insight coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates, click here.
How to Compare Auto Insurance
Cutting your auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a visit to each company’s website and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Allstate, GEICO and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to drive around to different agent offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my 2001 Honda Insight qualify for pleasure use?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance policy coverages for a Honda Insight
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and falling objects. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
A tidy conclusion
People leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just covered many ways to reduce 2001 Honda Insight insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance can be read below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area