Cheapest 1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone.
You have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest price for Sierra Classic insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding affordable car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about every driver who buys car insurance will be able to reduce their rates. But vehicle owners do need to learn the way companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Discounts are basically free money
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive better insurance coverage rates for Sierra Classic insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance coverage policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
GMC Sierra Classic 1500 rates are in the details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurers provide better rates to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Older drivers save more – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is my 1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 covered for smoke damage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Learn about insurance coverages for a GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, court costs, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like nursing services, chiropractic care, doctor visits, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sierra Classic 1500 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest 1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area