Cheapest 1999 Audi A4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Audi A4? Finding better rates for insurance can be difficult for people who are new to comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a ton of work to locate the lowest price.
You should make it a habit to compare rates on a regular basis since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price on A4 coverage a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. So block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. But consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign – A few companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance on A4 coverage.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are several ways to compare quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to find the lowest 1999 Audi A4 rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company. One form submission gets you coverage quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online requires visiting each company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Allstate, Farmers and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If you use different deductibles then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best. Just a small difference in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. And when price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps you find better pricing.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- How high should deductibles be on a 1999 Audi A4?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my 1999 Audi A4 covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, fire damage and hail damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your A4 from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical services, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi A4.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, hospital visits and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Compare but don’t skimp
Cheap 1999 Audi A4 insurance can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Much more information about car insurance can be read at these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area