Cheapest 1998 Ford F-150 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buying affordable car insurance online can be intimidating for consumers new to buying insurance online. Since there are so many online companies available, how can anyone have a chance to compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
You need to compare prices before your policy renews because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best price on F-150 insurance a year ago you can probably find a better price now. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. This article will teach you the best way to quote coverages. Although vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
How to save on Ford F-150 insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on F-150 insurance.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on F-150 insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I rate my 1998 Ford F-150 as pleasure use or commute?
- If my 1998 Ford F-150 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your F-150 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce 1998 Ford F-150 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Milwaukee? (MilwaukeeInsure.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Diego? (SanDiegoCoverage.com)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area